Skeen Hall Loading Dock
The Skeen Hall Loading Dock is the shipping and receiving hub for the departments of Entomology, Plant Pathology & Weed Science, Extension Plant Sciences, Plant & Environmental Sciences as well as any other staff and students working in Skeen Hall.
Skeen Hall Loading Dock
Department of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science
P.O. Box 30003, MSC 3BE
945 College Ave. (NE Corner College & Knox)
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8003
Office - Skeen Hall, Room W151
Phone - (575) 646-3236
Hours of Operation
The loading dock will be open:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Please be advised that student workers also run errands for the departmental office staff; therefore the loading dock may be closed for brief periods of time during our stated operating hours.
Shipping & Receiving Information
The following shipping companies service the loading dock on a daily basis:
- FedEx Ground (Usually at least twice a week)
All of these carriers will gladly pick up any packages needing to be shipped out (assuming all proper shipping labels are attached and completed). If you prefer to ship through another company, we will ship out packages with any carrier whose vehicle will fit inside the loading zone. However, it will be up to YOU THE SENDER to make arrangements with the company for pickup.
Receiving packages is not limited to the above list, we will accept packages from any shipping carrier (including freight companies) that will deliver to NMSU or Skeen Hall. Note: The U.S. Postal Service delivers and receives mail through departmental offices.
The following carriers usually arrive on a daily basis during the following times:
- FedEx: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- UPS Next Day Air: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- UPS Ground: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
These times are not guaranteed. They are only guidelines to assist you in preparing for your package arrival.
The loading dock is equipped with a refrigerator and freezer for any packages that need to be stored in special conditions.
When packages arrive at the loading dock, they are immediately logged into the log book and sorted by recipient. Once sorted, the recipient's office/lab is called (primary method), is e-mailed or the package will be delivered to the recipients office/lab.
If you would rather be contacted in a manner other than our primary method, please contact us at 646-3236 so that we may notify you of your package arrival by your preferred method.
For more detailed information about picking up or package holding, see the Loading Dock Policies section.
If you are expecting packages that may need special requirements or are very large/heavy (freezers, refrigerators, palette loads, etc.), we ask that you notify the loading dock staff as it will help us to get the package to its final destination more quickly.
We also ask that you notify the loading dock staff if you are expecting a package and will be out of the office for a long period of time when the package arrives. This will help us to make alternate notification arrangements so the package reaches its destination.
Please allow an appropriate amount of time for your package to arrive. As per loading dock policy, you will be notified immediately as soon as your package arrives. If you are unsure if package has arrived, please be sure to check for delivery confirmation from the shipping company before contacting the loading dock.
Loading Dock Policies
These are policies/rules which the loading dock staff follow. As the recipient, we also ask that you follow and respect them as well.
- The recipients of non-perishable packages are notified once a week if the package is left in the loading dock for extended periods of time. (If a new package arrives during the week for the same recipient, they will be notified for the new package)
- The recipients of perishable packages (i.e., "keep frozen/refrigerated") are notified once a day until the packaged is picked up.
- If a perishable package does not fit inside the refrigerator/freezer and is not picked up by 4:00 p.m. the same day the package arrives, the main office staff of the recipient's department will be notified. It is then the responsibility of the recipient's department office staff to ensure the package is stored properly.
- The loading dock staff is not responsible for perishable packages that are not labeled as such. Unless a packaged is labeled as perishable/special storage (ie., "keep frozen/refrigerated", "live plant material", "live insects", etc.), the package will be treated as non-perishable package and the respective policies will apply. Please contact us if you are unsure or concerned about expected perishable packages so we can look out for them and notify you when they arrive. *This policy also applies to packages which are labeled "perishable" however do not state their contents or storage conditions.
- The loading dock is not a storage facility. If you are expecting large/unusual packages (ie., refrigerators, freezers, pallete loads, office furniture, etc.), please make sure that you are ready for the package to arrive and be put in place. Due to the shortage of space in the loading dock all extra large packages must be moved out the SAME DAY they arrive. Any outgoing packages may be brought to the loading dock no more than one day before they are scheduled to be shipped out. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Packages are delivered to the recipient's office/lab at the discretion of the loading dock staff. Occasionally, when there is a high volume of packages or there are two or more workers in the loading dock, we will deliver packages (depending on number of packages and recipient location). Please do not expect your packages to be delivered every time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 646-3236. Or you can contact Donna Ebler in the EPPWS office at 646-5283 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.